Turn away from fireworks! The crazy fireworks season is getting closer, and many pets will be terrified and maybe even injured for a few seconds of fun. Is it really worth it? Please don’t light any fireworks – leave firework displays to professionals at official events. If your child nags you to buy fireworks, buy sky lanterns instead. Sky lanterns last longer and do no damage.
Just imagine how beautiful the Doornpoort sky would be this coming New Year’s Eve if we light sky lanterns.
Tips for keeping your pets safe:
- Give dogs plenty of exercise earlier in the day.
- Keep pets inside the home, preferably with human companionship.
- Provide safe, small enclosed areas.
- Keep the windows and curtains closed.
- Dogs should wear ID tags.
Contact Details for Kevin Barnett:
071 683 5278