Leeuwenkloof is a 700ha privately owned farm and part of The Cradle of Humankind heritage site, located about 7km South of the Hartebeespoort Dam in the Broederstroom area. The farm offers a bushveld experience in a stress-free, comfortable environment, and is a mere 45 minute drive from Sandton and Pretoria. Leeuwenkloof is an Environmental Facility that focuses on preservation, and has no cellphone reception or electrical outlets on the farm. The tented camp, lapa, conference facility and ablution are all fully equipped with battery powered LED lighting, and the open campsites have battery powered LED floodlights. We provide a teambuilding, function and conference venue that is unique to our area. At this stage we are unfortunately not open to the public on a daily basis, we only accommodate group bookings to come and enjoy the exclusive use of our facility.
The farm, with a unique mix of grassy savannah bushveld, green valleys, cliffs and rocky mountainous terrain, presents a variety of activities to guests, including mountain biking, nature walks, bird watching and 4×4 excursions.
- Safari Tented Camp: Our Safari tents are located within the main camp and consists of 12 tents set up on wooden decks, sleeping maximum 2 persons per tent.
- Open Campsites
- Ablution Facilities: ablution facility consist of 4 toilets and 6 showers. Equipped with LED lighting, and warm water will always be available.
- Conference Facility: a 25m², canvas closed lapa, built on a 60m² wooden deck. We are able to accommodate approximately 25 seated delegates with tables. The conference facility is also equipped with Whiteboard and markers and Overhead projector.
- Lapa: closable canvas, a bar on tap and a basic kitchen area
- Boma: 10 braais, can easily accommodate 50 guests
- Battery Powered LED Lighting
- 4×4 Environmental Trail
- Mountain Bike & Trail Running
- Nature Walks & Birdwatching
- Cave: old calcite mine, a man made cave perfect group activities
- The Dam: picnics
- Wildlife: plenty of game that are frequently spotted on the farm. Some of these species include kudu, zebra, warthogs, eland, gemsbuck, rooihartbees, rhebok, sable, duiker, jackals, brown hyena, leopard, honey badger and porcupine.
- Photography and Film Making Groups
- Corporate and Team Building Functions
Contact Details for Leeuwenkloof Environmental Facility:
Leeuwenkloof Environmental Facility, L3